Senior Structural Engineer | VIC-Home
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Demonstrate your Leadership in Structural Design capability in this key project
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Structural Design Engineer within our Maritime Australiabased in Adelaide, SA OR Melbourne, Victoria.
The Senior Structural Design Engineer is responsible for providing structural engineering services that are accurate, safe, on time, to budget, and to approved standards for the development or modification of structural equipment, systems and/ or materials.
The successful candidate will provide senior leadership, subject matter expertise and management and development of the technical team.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
Your new role:
As Senior Structural Design Engineer you will:
- Provide day-to-day supervision for a team of engineers, design engineers
- Provide regular status information to the relevant supervisors and project authorities
- Directs work assignments, scheduling, and reviews of work in progress
- Develop structural concepts and detailed designs
- Resolve a range of engineering issues and problems, compile technical reports and accompanying presentations
- Provide, review and adhere to specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements. Check drawings and design artefacts
- Coaching, mentoring and assisting others on matters pertaining to the structural engineering discipline area
- Undertake Structural system and/ or equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
- Develop optimised Structural system and/ or equipment detail designs
- Undertake integration and validation of the Structural system and/or equipment design
- Contribute to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products including interpretation of analysis results
- Utilise test tools effectively to undertake test, integration and verification including diagnosing problems and analysing results
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Qualification in Structural/Mechanical/Mechatronic/Civil/Aerospace Engineering or Naval Architecture
- Experience in structural design engineering within Naval/ Maritime, Defence or Allied Industry
- Cost and schedule management experience
- Ability to lead and collaborate effectively with others, including designers/ draftspersons, production, suppliers, and other engineers
- Ability to train and mentor more junior engineers through good team-building skills
- Demonstrated experience in participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, their integration, validation and qualification testing
- Structural & Mechanical Drafting and Equipment Integration
- Must be eligible to apply for Australian Defence Security Clearance
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond, Talent Acquisition Team and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au