1st Class Machinist | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Multiple opportunities! Looking for a 1st Class Machinist to be part of our “Afternoon Shift” or “Night Shift” teams
- Join an organisation that is leading the way in defence
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have multiple 1st Class Machinist opportunities within our Red Ochre Labs based in SA – Edinburgh Parks.
Advanced Manufacturing has won multiple large long-term contracts. We are seeking applicants for an experienced 1st Class Machinist who is capable with manual machining, and with fitting experience to join the afternoon or night shift teams. As the 1st Class Machinist, you will receive four weeks' annual leave, RDOs, regular overtime in the comfort of a temperature controlled working environment.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organization that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be responsible for computer numerical control (CNC) machining tasks associated with defence requirements
- Undertake CNC component machining who is flexible across a range of CNC machines on various defence projects to meet scheduled requirements.
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation for engineering systems and defect reporting are incorporated for traceability
- Liaise with BAE Systems' Quality staff to ensure compliance with project quality requirements
- Comply with BAE Systems Safety, Health and Environment procedures with the requirements of the BAE Systems' Quality systems as they relate to respective areas of activity
- Alert the organisation to potential or known problems that affect the quality of BAE Systems' products and services
- Provide input and offering recommendations for the improvement of company processes and procedures
- Validate parts as they are manufactured
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- A Mechanical trade certificate
- CNC machining and manual programming experience.
- Manual Machining and Fitting experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance of “Baseline” and be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- A strong team focus and a can do attitude
- The ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- The availability to work from 3.00pm until 12.00am Monday-Thursday with an early finish on Friday's (afternoon shift)
- The availability to work from 11.30pm until 7.30am Sunday-Thursday (night shift)
A Defence security clearance is required for these roles. Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Trades, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is also required to inform which of the shifts you are looking to undertake.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au