Software Engineer | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting Software Engineering work within a global company
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique and exciting opportunity as a Software Engineer, working on Defence simulation products based in Richmond, Melbourne. You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
You will work in a team carrying out Software Engineering activities on predominantly two products, Ship Air Defence Model (SADM) and ForeSee. SADM is the world's most versatile model for maritime air defence analysis, providing advanced modelling and simulation for above water warfare analysis and training. Navies, defence research establishments and defence contractors around the world use it. ForeSee is an advanced software based tactical decision aid, designed to provide an additional layer of situational awareness to a Ship's ops-room. ForeSee provides an indication of the composite coverage of EM sensors from contributing ships within a task group against a variety of threats, modelling factors such as terrain masking and atmospheric effects.
Reporting to the Software Team Lead, you will be part of an inclusive and supportive team, performing interesting work and will be employed on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Participate in the designing, implementing, reviewing and testing of software components and products
- Manage software component delivery throughout the engineering lifecycle using modern software development tools and practices
- Adhere to software development practices including Scrum and Continuous integration
- Provide technical support to software engineering activities
- Work effectively as part of a Software Engineering team and provide assistance to other team members as required
- Identify process improvement opportunities and recommend outcomes
- Ensure software development meets company and business processes and standards
- Utilise software development tools include Atlassian tool suite and GIT
- As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Interest and experience with development and programming in C++ and Java languages
- Experience in Object Oriented Design
- Previous demonstrated experience in software design and development
- Some knowledge and exposure software development lifecycle
- Adhere to Agile software development practices including Scrum and Continuous integration
- Demonstrate sound communication skills
- Demonstrated Initiative and Problem Solving Skills
Whilst not essential, domain knowledge of modelling and simulation in Electronic Warfare (EW), Sensor Systems or Combat Systems, will be highly regarded.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ben.Woodrow@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au