Program Engineering Manager | VIC-Melbourne Central Office
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Apply your talent to influence the customers future requirements
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Program Engineering Manager to join our business based in Melbourne, Victoria.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Red Ochre LABS is BAE Systems Australia's hub for collaboration with industry, Defence and academia to develop new, world leading sovereign disruptive technologies to meet the future requirements of the Australian Defence Force. Find out more here
In this role, you will lead the Engineering development of the Land Autonomy Program within Red Ochre Labs. This program comprises a suite of projects that develop technology, integrate capability into existing platforms, develop new platforms, and provide support services.
The key responsibility is the strategic management of the design, development, prototyping and demonstration projects that apply BAE's autonomy capability. This includes identification and planning for new technology needs, development and management of engineering tasks, schedules and procedures, and guidance of engineering resources.
This position holds a delegated engineering authority, supported by product owners for each project, who manage day-to-day project delivery, and may hold a sub delegation for their project area.
This opportunity will see you:
- Develop & Manage Engineering Tasks, Schedules & Procedures.
- Direct resources, providing feedback to line managers on performance and development needs.
- Lead the development of new and novel solutions to customer problems in agile and tailored environments, often without End customer needs.
- Manage engineering suppliers & demonstrator/ prototype builds and manage outputs within budget
- V&V plans that deliver agreed level of assurance for prototype builds and meet LCMS obligations
- Be a key member of Land Autonomy lead team
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to obtain or already hold an Australian Defence Clearance
- Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institution of Engineers, Australia
- Demonstrated experience in a previous Program Engineering Manager role
- Working Knowledge of Defence project environments is highly desirable
- Demonstrated professional integrity, advanced level of technical knowledge and experience, objectivity, acceptance of responsibility, maturity of judgement and common sense
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills along with the drive to meet objectives
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ayesha.email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.