Facilities Engineer / Technical Lead | NSW-Liverpool Street
|Category:||Facilities Management & Security|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Aug-2022|
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a dynamic opportunity for a highly experienced Facilities Engineer / Technical Lead, based at our Williamtown precinct in Newcastle.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Accountable to the F-35 Facilities Programme Manager this role provides subject matter expertise for facilities & infrastructure technical scope across a programme of works. Exercising engineering delegation on behalf of company Facilities - Group Technical Authority, the position is responsible for assuring all engineering outputs are appropriately planned, developed, evaluated and delivered to satisfy business needs and accord with internal policies and applicable legislation.
Core activities include:
- Leading the development of applicable programme engineering plans and processes
- Fostering engineering integrity and just cultural environment to ensuring project technical risks are identified, evaluated and controlled
- Managing engineering / technical resource demands encompassing capacity and competency elements relative to project requirements across both internal personnel and external supply chain
- Authorising requirements analysis outputs to establish the product design baseline, ensuring that the system specifications are fit for purpose in meeting user requirements, applicable standards and WHS legislation
- Approval of product design, implementation, integration and acceptance testing to achieve business requirements within the project's budgeted cost and schedule
- Supporting the delivery of technical solutions which achieve project(s) cost, quality, schedule and customer expectation outcomes
- Provide overarching leadership of the engineering product team
- Performance development for the engineering personnel
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Facility Engineering Management knowledge and significant experience within complex industrial, manufacturing or construction industry
- Working knowledge of facility project environments
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership
- Tertiary qualifications in the fields of architecture, building services or engineering.
- Extensive experience in design and construction environments in Australia or the United Kingdom
- Eligibility for a Australian Defence Security Clearance
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
Applications should be addressed to: Lidia Morris and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au