Electronics Manufacturing Engineer - NPI | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||19-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Bring your Electronics Manufacturing experience to this key role and gain exposure to a trusted Defence company
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Electronics Manufacturing Engineer - New Product Introduction (NPI) within our Red Ochre Labs Business Unit based in SA-Edinburgh Parks.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Red Ochre LABS is a hub for collaboration with industry, Defence and academia, bringing together our most talented engineers across Australia to pioneer advanced technology and future-altering solutions.
As the Electronics Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for a variety of activities within the manufacturing environment. This includes provision of guidance to Design Engineers on the manufacturability of designs to facilitate more efficient production and assembly of product. Additionally, a key element of this role is to ensure that all internal and external manufacturing capabilities produce the required output and achieve their optimum effectiveness and therefore return maximum return on investment.
Reporting to the New Products Engineering Manager you will:
- Provide production expertise to the project team during design and development activities including developing & providing manufacturing requirements to ensure plant compatibility and reliable, cost effective manufacture
- Provide inputs to processes and specifications to ensure products are designed to be testable and Design for Test and other requirements are considered & captured
- Assess pre-production prototypes to address build related verification / error proofing
- Develop production documents to facilitate the manufacture, testing, and performance analysis of electronic and/or mechanical new products within manufacturing
- Design or provide design input into the production of specific tooling and processes used for manufacture of new products
- Design, develop, commission, install and manage Automated Test Equipment and processes to efficiently test electronic systems and elect-mechanical products across the business
- Design and develop processes to meet capability requirements and ensure that manufacturing capability is maintained and/or enhanced
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Electronic/Electrical engineering or technology degree qualifications or equivalent experience satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- A strong understanding of the product design and manufacturing lifecycle
- Experience in the use of configuration and change management principles and tools
- An ability to manage and balance the cost-schedule-quality triangle
- Good communication skills to all levels
- Strong problem-solving skills using systematic process control techniques
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ammar Bakos, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au