Lead Supply Planner | Location - Flexible
|Category:||Integrated Logistic Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Seeking forward thinking innovative supply chain leader to oversee the supply lifecycle for our largest shipbuilding program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting leadership opportunity for Lead Supply Chain Planner within our Maritime Australia Business Unit based either in Osborne, South Australia or Melbourne Victoria. This role provides the flexibility of the mix of working from home and office.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
Your new role:
Reporting to the Supply Chain Planning Manager, you will be responsible to implement the supply chain-planning framework to support material and equipment delivery for BAE Systems Maritime Australia. This includes optimising the flow of materials from suppliers through to production, as well as returns, to meet the needs of the customer, in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner.
You will be working in an evolving environment focused on innovation where you will contribute to the culture of safety and customer service as well as continuous improvement and being able to adapt and embrace change, and motivate your team to do same is critical.
More specifically, you will
- Undertake long, medium and short term planning across procurement, logistics, warehouse and yard to meet production schedule and requirements and assess material availability against the planning activities
- Liaise with planning and procurement to establish supply plan solutions and ensure early warning signs are in place to manage risk, change and key scheduled activities
- Analyse, forecast, review demand and project plans to determine statistical demand plan, gaining alignment against supply
- Establish and maintain appropriate supplier relationships to facilitate the timely delivery of material in accordance with schedule
- Identify, develop appropriate KPIs to measure wastage, obsolescence, total spend, inventory holding cost and measure objectives vs actual outcome
- Manage product lifecycle through supply to disposal maintaining optimal stock levels
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in supply and demand planning within supply chain or similar environment preferable in heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience leading and managing team with business process improvement experience within a supply chain environment
- Demonstrated procurement and contract management experience in the area of raw materials, consumables and fabricated materials
- Well organised, thorough and professional approach, together with a high degree of motivation, initiative and enthusiasm
- Strong team player and communicator with an ability to engage effectively with wide range of stakeholders and customers
- Proficient user of MS Office skills especially word, excel and power point
Whilst, not essential, degree qualification business, logistics, supply chain or in related discipline is desirable
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist -Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au