Support Engineering Analyst | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development, flexible work practices and interesting work on the newest naval ship platform
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have unique opportunity as a Support Engineering Analyst within our Maritime business based in Garden Island (Potts Point), Sydney.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Support Engineering Analyst to apply their analytical skills and provide recommendations to our Maritime business on the newest ship platform, the DDG naval ships.
Reporting to the Support Engineering Manager, you will be part of an inclusive and supportive team, and will join our business in an exciting time on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Undertake supportability engineering analyses and develop support engineering packages for engineering change requests
- Conduct investigations/studies and analyse source data collected for fitted equipment/systems to determine the operating, maintenance, engineering, training and support requirements for its life cycle
- Perform audits for legacy support engineering activities
- Perform Failure Modes Effect Analysis and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) analysis and Level of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- Draw conclusions and propose recommendations to improve equipment/system supportability engineering analysis outcomes and life cycle costs
- Provide input into the development of the supportability engineering analysis reports through the provision of data and assumptions extracted
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Support engineering analysis experience or analytical experience in an engineering/technical science/production environment
- Sound computer skills, the ability to analyse technical data and provide sound recommendations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective relationships
- Critical thinking skills, be proactive and driven to improve current processes
Whilst not essential, an understanding of systems engineering principles or experience with RCM/FMECA analysis, will be highly regarded.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au