Systems Engineer - SATCOM | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Excellent opportunity for growth and career progression
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer within the Battlespace Integrated project. This role will be based in Canberraor can be performed flexibly.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organization that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
This position is situated in the Battlespace Integrated Systems alongside a select team of engineers providing systems engineering capability within SATCOM Sustainment in the MASTIS Project
In particular, this role will see you:
- Deployed to this critical Defence program to supply requisite systems engineering rigour, best practice benchmarks and discipline leadership
- Provide engineering support to Defence SATCOM capability
- Develop and manage system requirements and design including system and subsystem specifications, product breakdown structure, design documentation, component and interface specifications
- Perform system engineering activities including requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system analysis, design, integration, verification and validation, acceptance testing and certification, safety and security assessment
- Embrace and champion the transition towards a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology across the business
- Participate in ensuring that designs meet all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Utilise domain, discipline and systems engineering knowledge to enable, support and deliver products robustly, demonstrating they meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have;
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within a System, Electronics, Software, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Experience in Radio Frequency (RF) or ICT would be advantageous
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience coupled with engineering experience in a relevant discipline
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Bradley Schulz and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Bradley.Schulz@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au