Logistics Business Analyst | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Integrated Logistic Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Opportunity to become subject matter expert in the scope of supply chain logistics supporting our largest shipbuilding program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting entry level opportunity for Logistics Business Analyst within our Maritime AustraliaBusiness Unitbased in Osborne, South Australia. This role provides the flexibility of the mix of working from home and office.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
Your new role:
Reporting to the Supply Chain Planning Manager, you will be subject matter expert in the scope of supply chain logistics business and prepare the business cases to support the implementation and improvements to business systems, tools and process.
More specifically, you will
- Understand business best practices through research of like industries and participate in appropriate logistics forums
- Engage closely with stakeholders to understand the business need and ensure compliance through audit of key logistics process
- Coordinate logistics business performance reporting and support stakeholders in the delivery of new and updated business process
- Maintain BMS process to ensure alignment with current business process
- Escalate issues promptly and ensure appropriate actions plans are in place to resolve
- Utilise Lean Six Sigma principals whilst working with the team on a broad range of business analysis activities across various areas
- Assist in scoping and planning of analysis activities, ensuring clear understanding of the work is captured - Listen è Understand è Asses è Scope
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in enabling fundamental business analysis with an ability to effectively communicate and engage with customers
- Analytical thinker and problem solver especially in the area of defining problems and capturing business needs
- Well organised, thorough and professional approach, together with a high degree of motivation, initiative and enthusiasm
- Strong team player and communicator with an ability to engage effectively with wide range of stakeholders and customers
- Proficient user of MS Office skills especially word, excel and power point
Whilst, not essential, degree qualification, logistics, supply chain or in related discipline is desirable
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist -Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au