Production Estimator | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Join an organisation that is leading the way in defence
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have exciting Production Estimator opportunities within our Maritime Sustainment based in Henderson, WA.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Produce robust pricing by providing support to the planning and developing the estimate build-up in accordance with BAE Systems Australia E&P processes and leading this activity/s when suitably experienced to do so
- Provide support to the appropriate E&P reviews in accordance with BAE Systems Australia E&P Mandates and Delegations, and end-to-end process in support of the company's Life Cycle Management (LCM) processes
- Develop the ability to review and provide feedback to BoE authors for all bids, major Contract Change Proposals (CCPs) or other be-spoke estimating tasks as directed by the Line Manager
- Learn how to develop bid related price and financial input summaries for management reviews in association with the Bid/ Project Team representatives from Commercial, Procurement, Finance and Project Management functions
- Where appropriate, provide support to pricing negotiations with Commonwealth Financial Investigation Service (FIS) reviews as directed by either the Line Manager, Bid or Project Manager for each proposal
- Ensure prices are offered in accordance with BAE Systems Australia policy/s on labour and overhead rate build up and application methodology
- Ensure the integrity of the proposal price by reviewing and analysing BoEs and providing regular feedback to Bid/Project teams
- Develop skills that aim to preserve the company's commercial position, with respect to new work, by developing the proposal pricing response within the stated commercial terms and conditions
- Support the winning of business while developing an understanding and the skills to inform Bid Teams of the associated levels of price risk
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications, trade or equivalent experience in business related discipline
- Demonstrated relevant experience in Defence or related Engineering, Project Management, Finance or Commercial fields
- Demonstrated experience in analytical E&P Roles (or related disciplines)
- Minor exposure to bids across platforms and or services
- Experience in modelling and analysis
- Some exposure to estimating techniques
- Some exposure to government contracting requirements
- Influencing skills
A Defence security clearance is required for this role. Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Trades, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is also required.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au