FIFO Electronics/Communications Technician | QLD-Longreach
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Opportunity to work on the state of the art Jindalee Over the Horizon Radar Network
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting FIFO opportunity as Electronics/Communications Technician within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based at the QLD-Longreach radar site.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border.
As part of our Fly-in Fly-out team you will work in shifts of 15 days on (including 2 travel days) and 13 days off. During your 15 days on you will be provided with accommodation, meals and travel.
As a technician on the JORN project, you will work within a technical team operating and maintaining technical equipment on a day/night shift rotation, supporting new and existing equipment in a Defence operational environment.
Reporting to the Site Maintenance Lead you will:
- Be responsible to the Site Maintenance Lead for the ongoing support and performance of all equipment at site
- Carry out technical support for the radar and associated systems in accordance with the Company's Maintenance Management Plan and other subordinate documents
- Perform planned maintenance and operational level activities
- Carry out rectification of deficiencies and defects within the site systems
- Complete all fault reporting requirements
- Analyse alarm information and systems data to diagnose performance and fault events
- Use test equipment to carry out diagnostic and performance testing. Perform any other duties as directed by the Site Leads
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Certificate III in Electro-technology Technician qualification and demonstrated experience in RF systems with desirable experience in two or more other disciplines such as – computer (Linux, UNIX, Windows), analogue, control, digital control systems
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and maintain effective relationships across all levels
- Experience using a Computer Maintenance Management System or the ability to quickly learn the use of such a system for fault recording and fault data analysis
- Computer literacy skills with the ability to analyse and interpret complex data or maintenance information
- Good communication skills and proven ability in technical writing skills
- Adaptability to a changing environment with good change management skills
- Good problem skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with competing priorities
- Demonstrated and clear understanding of WHS responsibilities and requirements
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ammar Bakos, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au