Technical Assistant | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Aug-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Excellent opportunity for growth and career progression
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Assistant within the Wedgetail project. This role will be based in Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organization that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The Technical Assistant works as a contributory member of the In-Service Support Contract (ISSC) Supply Support Team, principally through assisting the Wedgetail Lab Technical Officers who perform hardware testing
In particular, this role will see you:
- Perform testing of aircraft deliverables using Automated Test Equipment which will involve the connecting up of aircraft deliverables to the Automated Test Equipment and running end to end tests in order to provide a report that the Lab Technical Officers can then utilise for fault diagnosis.
- Perform minor repairs of Aircraft Deliverables as directed by the ISSC Lab Technical Officers. It is anticipated that these repairs will initially be minor, will be carried out under supervision and will become more complex as the skills of the successful applicant grow
- Undertake routine activities with and without immediate supervision:
- Testing of aircraft deliverables using automated test equipment;
- Perform automated test equipment calibration and test equipment swap outs;
- Perform minor repairs of aircraft deliverables as directed by the ISSC Lab Technical Officers (dependent on the hand skills of role holder); and,
- Assist in lab organisational activities in order to keep the lab in an organised manner:
- Assisting other ISSC Team Members at times with day to day duties;
- Preparing test equipment for shipping to the Calibration facility;
- Transportation of deliverables and miscellaneous items to and from stores; and, assisting with general stores and stocktaking activities
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have;
- TAFE Certificate III in Electronics or associate TAFE diploma or relevant equivalent experience would be highly desirable
- Demonstrated relevant experience in any of the following technologies would be desirable: Electrical repair; electrical testing; maintenance; or manufacturing.
- Work as a contributory team member.
- Be able to work in a team environment and undertake duties as instructed.
- Undertake routine activities without immediate supervision.
- Undertake non-routine tasks with some supervision.
- Ask for help and be willing to learn from more experienced team members.
- Manage own development and obtain a willingness to learn new activities, which will be strongly supported by the Line Manager.
- Seek out new experiences and seek opportunities to learn within the ISSC Supply Support Team
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Bradley Schulz and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Bradley.Schulz@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au