Electrical Engineer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Located at Garden Island NSW, with unrivalled panoramic harbour views and a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Electrical Engineer within our Maritime Sustainment program based in Garden Island, NSW.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
This is a key role within our Maritime Sustainment program, supporting some of the Royal Australian Navy's most modern and capable ships. As an Electrical Engineer, you will be part of a unique engineering team that helps provide Navy personnel with the capabilities, safety and quality of life they need as they protect our nation.
You will be responsible for technically investigating electrical problems and developing installation designs for diverse electrical equipment and systems, in accordance with contractual and Company requirements to achieve required business performance. A great opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to use their expertise to make a meaningful contribution at BAE Systems Australia.
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Team Lead you will be responsible for:
- Technical investigation of electrical problems
- Development of electrical equipment and systems installation designs
a) Integration with various ship systems such as power generation and distribution, communications, combat, control and monitoring
b) Systems engineering design process incorporating needs and requirements analysis, risk and safety assessment, preliminary design, detailed design, design reviews, verification and validation
- Production support and configuration audits
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic engineering degree qualifications or equivalent experience satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Demonstrated electrical engineering experience
- Experience with a variety of technologies, such as power generation and distribution, communications, control and monitoring systems
- Familiarity with electrical industry standards
- Self-motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Hector Rodriguez, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au