Senior Software Engineer | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Feb-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Apply your talent where it counts
- An exciting opportunity to develop Virtual Reality analysis tools
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. Our Aircraft Sustainment and Training business has established agile software hub that is now supporting both airborne software development upgrades and disruptive technology trials including Virtual Reality and machine learning. Our software development hub supports defence Aerospace projects ranging from new aircraft, in service aircraft and related R&D style activities.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Apply your software skills and experience to generate new and modify existing designs
- Provide senior mentorship and industry lesson learnt to the existing software team
- Confidently work in an agile team to support and explore new ideas
- Collaborate, leveraging experience from others and consider multiple perspectives
- Have a passion for supporting and the customer and experience in supporting end users
Your new role:
An exciting new opportunity to develop software aspects of aircraft mission systems, software tools, pilot training aids (including Virtual Reality) and data analysis. These projects provide the Australian Defence Force with enhanced capability and also support internal R&D activities undertaken by our Red Ochre LABS division.
Enjoy working diverse, challenging and exciting work as well as benefits including but not limited to flexible working conditions, a strong safety culture and support for your development. You will apply your talent as a Senior Software Engineer with our team based in our office in Williamtown, New South Wales.
- Participate in our agile team environment to develop software systems
- Development requirements and supporting design and test documents
- Participate in testing of systems both within the team and at customer sites
- Develop and logically integrate components of the system to minimize technical risks
- Contribute to reviewing of other team member's work.
- Experience in software design and exposure to most lifecycle phases
- The ability to obtain or currently hold a baseline Australian Defence Clearance
- Demonstrated software experience in C, C++, C#
- Exposure or experience of latest technologies including bid data / AI / Virtual Reality
- Exposure or experience in an Aerospace software environment
- A Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related degree qualification.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ben.Woodrow@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au