ILS Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Apply your talent to influence the customer's future requirements
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an ILS Engineer to join our business based in Adelaide, South Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The High Frequency Surveillance (HFS) program is comprised of a number of projects focused on the export of BAE Systems Australia HF product technology and systems. The HFS ILS Engineer is an Essential Capability within this HFS program portfolio.
The ILS Engineer is responsible for providing integrated support across the HFS projects in accordance with project plans. This being across such specialities as Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM), FMECA and Logistic Support Analysis (LSA).
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Conducting integrated support activities in accordance with the Engineering Management Plan and relevant Project ISP
- Creating and maintaining an Integrated Support Plan as required for each HFS Project
- Providing integrated support effort to HFS Projects as allocated by the ILS Lead
- Flagging any ILS resourcing concerns to the ILS Lead
- Providing input to CAMs on ILS progress
- Ensuring any risks identified are discussed with the ILS Lead and relevant PEM, and captured in the project's risk register
- Actively participate in engineering team activities (e.g. meetings)
- Actively manage effort across HFS projects and external projects
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in a speciality logistics environment Engineering background
- Experience in a Defence or related technical industry
- Tertiary qualified in an applicable speciality logistics or engineering field, or equivalent experience
- Must have or be eligible to obtain an NV1 security clearance
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.