Commercial Officer | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Sep-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Rewarding opportunity to learn and enhance your commercial acumen supporting our high profile shipbuilding program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity, collaboration and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for Commercial Officer within our Maritime AustraliaProgram, the role can be based either in Osborne, South Australia or Melbourne, Victoria. This role also provides the flexibility of hybrid working arrangement 9 days a fortnight full time working option for the right talent.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for providing commercial support to the Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP) Commercial team to effectively manage on-going projects and new business.
More specifically, you will
- Provide coordination and administrative assistance to the Commercial team to support progress and negotiation of Maritime Business activities
- Support with administration of the HCFP contract and related agreements in accordance with company procedures
- Support with preparation of contract amendments and change proposals
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager's approval and provide assistance to the Commercial Manager on commercial issues
- Prepare draft business agreement for projects and track return and execution of agreements
- Assist Commercial Manager with preparation of documentation required under the request for bid approvals and lifecycle management process, including presentation packs, checklists, forms and plans
- Coordinate management review and approval of bids and proposals
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager approval
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated commercial experience inengineering or defence organisations with some exposure of Australian defence contracts
- Well organised, thorough and professional approach is essential, together with a high degree of motivation, initiative and enthusiasm
- An ability to work effectively under tight deadlines, and the capacity to perform effectively as part of a small team, with minimum of supervision is essential
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside his/her immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under his/her own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Advanced PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools is essential
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in law, project management, commerce or engineering or studying towards is advantageous
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist – Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.