Solution Architect | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Drive the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Opportunity to contribute to the Solution Architecture on a range of projects across Maritime Australia
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a new and exciting opportunity as a Solution Architect within our Maritime Australia out of Adelaide preferably or Melbourne.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- BAE Systems Australia offers a hybrid working arrangement and a 9 day fortnight option which is a great opportunity to support flexible working
Your new role:
As a Solution Architect you will be responsible for proactively leading and supporting Maritime Australia's architecture activities, guiding the development and management of a portfolio of solutions within this line of business.
You'll be providing leadership, analysis and design guidance to support the development of technology solutions, ensuring that they meet business needs and align with our strategic direction, policies and standards.
You'll also be engaging with key stakeholders within the business and IT function to lead the options analyss and creation of solution roadmaps, and so strong engagement and relationship skills are key.
You'll be making a measurable difference to the nation's largest shipbuilding programme by demonstrating competencies across four key dimensions:
- Translating business strategy into Solutions Architecture;
- Facilitating and collaborating to deliver measured business outcomes;
- Leading solution designs and analysis; and
- Orchestrating solution delivery and quality.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical or infrastructure architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or cloud development
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Good understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Experience working in a relevant industry is helpful, but not required
- Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies and roadmaps
- Strong Engagement and Relationship experience, confident in delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au