Category Specialist - Electronics | Location - Flexible
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Develop and manage the execution of enterprise category strategies for electronics and actively facilitate stakeholders engagement to meet the category objectives
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Category Specialist - Electronics based either in Melbourne, Adelaide or Sydney. This role also provides the flexibility of a hybrid working arrangement and a 9 day fortnight full-time working option for the right talent.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
Your new role:
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Sourcing, you will assist the Electronics Category Manager and supply chain function to develop and implement robust category strategies focused in the Electronics equipment category. These strategies will deliver against key objectives including cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements for the business whilst fostering supply chain effective relationship and performance management.
More specifically, you will
- Collaborate and provide category specific direction and advice to the procurement team, all lines of business and corporate functions as required
- Coordinate and contribute to the development and execution of enterprise category strategies ensuring that category objectives are delivered
- Manage the procurement engagement activities including but not limited to expressions of interest, requests for information, RFx (tenders), supplier negotiations and contract development and execution
- Manage category/enterprise level supplier negotiations and finalise supplier agreements in accordance with set procedures and Delegations Of Authority (DOA), ensuring to collaborate with global category teams in order to achieve category objectives
- Support the management and execution of enterprise category activities and coordinate the supplier evaluation process on behalf of the business
- Prepare and deliver category reports, presentations, tracking and monitoring supplier performance / savings
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in category management for the electronic equipment category with a proven track record in the development and execution of category management strategies across diverse portfolios
- An ability to proactively gather and interpret data to aid decision making in the delivery of business strategies and plans with an experience in contract development and negotiation with key suppliers
- Well organised, thorough and professional approach, together with a high degree of motivation, initiative and enthusiasm
- Strong collaborative team player and communicator with an ability to engage and influence effectively with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders and customers
- Proficient user of MS Office skills especially Word, Excel and Power Point
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in commerce, law, project management or engineering with a professional procurement qualification like MCIPS accreditation is desirable
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist -Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au