Principal Signatures Engineer | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Sep-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Support the largest ever surface ship project in Australia's defence history
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Signatures Engineer within our Maritime Australia business based in Osborne, SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The Hunter Class Frigate Program is transforming Australia's shipbuilding industry by supporting the building of a world-class, continuous naval shipbuilding capability for our nation.
As a Principal Signatures Engineer for the HCF programme, you will be responsible for ensuring the Signatures assessment and design tasks are delivered.
This is a key role with responsibility for defining the signatures performance targets for the HCF project and then ensuring that the signatures performance requirements are demonstrated and verified in a timely and progressive manner in accordance with the contract requirements.
This opportunity will see you:
- Be responsible for developing and delivering the modelling, validation and verification Scope of Work and schedule for all aspects of: Underwater Radiated Noise, Airborne Noise, and Infrared & Radar Cross Section Signatures.
- Specifying the Signatures Analysis and Measurement capability requirements for the Engineering Function to deliver in support of the HCF project.
- Acting as the principal point of interface with the relevant representatives of Reference Ship Design on matters pertaining to HCF project.
- Managing and leading activities of the HCF Signatures Team in support of HCF design and build compliance to the, Underwater Radiated Noise (URN), Airborne Noise (ABN), Infrared (IR) and Radar Cross Section (RCS) requirements.
- Co-ordinating Signatures Team activities, including delivery of assessment and guidance of equipment, systems, ship integration and implementation to control RCS, IR, URN and ABN.
- Maintaining Signatures predictions in line with the HCF design requirements; taking the lead to mitigate non-compliances and risks; working across project disciplines to achieve resolution.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to obtain or already hold an Australian Defence Clearance
- Demonstrated knowledge of Signature modelling including: Underwater Radiated Noise and airborne noise generation mechanisms and noise-reduction techniques; Radar Cross section modelling and the techniques to reduce RCS signatures; Infrared modelling and the techniques to reduce IR Signatures.
- Demonstrated knowledge in verification and validation of requirements, design and build compliance and management of incompliances throughout design and build.
- Ability to operate in a large, complex project at engineering management level in a multi-disciplinary, matrix management environment.
- Ability to quickly assimilate engineering issues and define solutions and opportunities.
- Solid knowledge of platform design and integration, with particular reference to signature reduction and control techniques.
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Relevant experience in Defence and shipbuilding experience would be highly desired
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ayesha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.