Quality Controller | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Sep-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Apply your talents where it counts in the F-35 program
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Controller within our Aircraft, Training and Sustainment based in Williamtown, NSW
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
An excellent opportunity for a Quality Controller to demonstrate your technical expertise and partner with our Aircraft Sustainment business on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter team.
Reporting to the F-35 Quality and Safety Manager, this role will see you work as part of a team delivering a broad range of planned quality activities designed to provide assurance to management that quality practices are being effectively deployed across the project and line of business.
More specifically, this role will see you:
- Contribute to the quality policy, strategy, objectives and processes in your day to day work
- Conduct project and site Quality activities to demonstrate compliance to contract
- Facilitate Continuous Improvement of Business Unit work practices using best practice Quality Tools to Reduce Process variation and Remove non value added activities
- Ensure project/Business Area remains compliant to ISO9001, Customer and Regulatory requirements
- Perform quality assurance activities to ensure that product requirements are achieved.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to hold or obtain an Australian Defence Clearance
- Demonstrated experience in Quality Engineering role
- Formal training in quality management
- Experience in mechanical/electrical manufacturing and/or service environment
- Ability to interact effectively with peers within and outside the immediate team, to implement business improvement requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Management System and Continual Improvement strategies.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ayesha.email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au