Logistics Officer | NT-Jindalee Harts Range
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Sep-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Opportunity to work on the state of the art Jindalee Over the Horizon Radar Network
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting FIFO opportunity as Logistics Officer within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based in South Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border.
As part of our Fly-in Fly-out team you will work in shifts of 15 days on (including 2 travel days) and 13 days off. During your 15 days on you will be provided with accommodation, meals and travel on the different sites (WA, NT and QLD).
Reporting to the Supply Support Lead you will:
- Populate monthly audits on the Maintenance Management Systems and stocktake items following BAE policies and procedures.
- Manage the day to day activities in the store including courier runs to depots.
- Maintain sufficient levels of consumable stores and spares for site operations, maintenance, refurbishment and domestic requirements.
- General warehouse duties, including issuing and receipting stock, arranging for appropriate packing, labelling, dispatch, transportation and tracking of freight, including freight quotations.
- Process and raise purchase requisitions as required.
- Maintain the ChemAlert system.
- Supervise item traceability by keeping item receipt and conformance documentation.
- Meet Work Health and Safety Act obligations in relation to warehouse operations and material handling, including the recording of Material Safety Data management for production material requirements for work packages and returnable items.
- Undertake periodic 'Data Integrity' checks within BAE & CoA database systems.
- Assist with the input of data into the fuel inventory management system JFIMS
- Carry out disposals in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Logistics officers are required to be the registered Custodians for RFDS kits in certain locations.
- Work collaboratively with members of other teams both within BAE and CoA.
- Able to obtain and maintain a High Risk Work licence for forklift operations.
- Travel to and work in remote radar sites
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in Logistics or in a similar role.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and maintain effective relationships across all levels.
- Experience using a Computer Maintenance Management System or the ability to quickly learn the use of such a system for fault recording and fault data analysis.
- Adaptability to a changing environment with good change management skills.
- A good understanding of goods received processes and supply logistics.
- Computer literate with database, project control and spreadsheet skills.
- Forklift license is desirable.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Hector Rodriguez, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au