Project Engineering Manager | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Sep-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Apply your talents where it counts in the Hydro-METOC team
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineering Manager within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions. This role can be based in either our headquarters in Edinburgh Parks, SA, Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
An excellent opportunity for a Project Engineering Manager to demonstrate your technical expertise and be responsible for delivering engineering outputs within the triple constraints of quality, cost and schedule for the HMIE (Hydro-METOC Information Environment) Project.
In true Defence ‘style', METOC is also an acronym, meaning Meteorological and Oceanographic. It is the ICT environment used by the Australian Hydrographic Office, and the tools and products on the HMIE allow the AHO to provide Hydrographic products and services to Military, Commercial, and leisure end-users.
This role leads the engineering team who facilitate the provision of nautical charting (including charts in electronic form) and associated services in support of maritime safety, the coordination and determination of policy and standards which cover both hydrographic surveying and charting, as well contributing to the coordination, exchange and standards related to maritime geospatial data in general.
More specifically, this role will see you:
- Be responsible for technical execution of the project, including direction of technical activity for assurance and certification that the product meets customer and regulatory requirements, and is safe to own and operate within its designed environment
- Lead the project engineering team in the realisation of the engineering solution while optimising cost and schedule
- Identify and manage Technical Risk within the project and support the Project Manager in Risk Management Reviews
- Act as point of contact with customers to understand requirements, and develop and maintain contract technical solution accordingly, addressing any disparity with the Project Manager
- Undertake detailed planning and estimating to establish the Work Breakdown Structure, Project Schedule, earned value measurement system, and staffing profile for significant program changes or future programs
- Review and approve technical aspects of Estimates to Completion (ETCs), i.e. the work plan, estimating inputs (e.g. historical metrics), methodology and estimating outputs
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to hold or obtain an Australian Defence Clearance
- Demonstrated Team Lead knowledge and experience with substantial formal Engineering experience
- Working Knowledge of Defence project environments
- Ability to negotiate with and influence internal/or external stakeholders to generate business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- Ability to use and adapt high level written and verbal communication skills to suit variety of difference audiences, including external stakeholders at senior level.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ayesha.email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au