People Business Partner | NSW-Wagga Wagga
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2022|
- Part Time Contract, for a period of 2 years
- Ongoing career development and interesting work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity
We currently have an opportunity for a People Business Partner (4 days per week, with flexibility on hours/days), based at our Wagga Wagga, NSW offices. You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world.
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the People Business Partner you will be supporting the Training portfolio of Aircraft Sustainment and Training and will be responsible for providing Human Resource support.
This role will be embedded within the Lead Team and will work closely with the People Lead and Senior People Business Partner to execute the Human Resource Roadmap over the next two years.
During this time there are a number of key deliverables with this exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to take this role and drive to success. This includes but is not limited to leadership development, culture continuous improvement and Enterprise Agreement negotiations.
This opportunity will see you:
- Embed the People strategy elements such as talent management, succession planning, workforce planning and leadership coaching, providing high impact support and the implementation of solutions across the entire employee lifecycle.
- Use data and insights, human capital trends and people analytics to inform development of People solutions in relation to culture and best practice organisation design in a Training organisation.
- Coach leaders within their portfolio by providing advice to identify, prioritise and build organisational capabilities, behaviours, structures and processes.
- Work with stakeholders to support the development of a culture of teamwork and inclusive leadership.
- Develop others by providing coaching and timely feedback on performance, development and career paths.
- Drive governance to ensure the risk of the organisation is managed for Employee Relations and Industrial Relations matters.
- Support Enterprise Agreement negotiations, including research, creation of a mandate and supporting negotiations through to a completed and embedded Agreement.
- Effectively build relationships across the relevant delivery business/functional team as well as the broader People team.
As an ideal applicant for this role, you'll have:
- Degree or equivalent experience in related discipline.
- Previous demonstrated experience in a similar role, specifically experience in working with leadership teams, leading culture change activities, supporting industrial relation matters.
- Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management), and talent management practices.
- Ability to implement actions in support of an overall business strategy.
- Strong time management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Australian Citizen, eligible to obtain and maintain Defence clearance to a minimum of Baseline.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist, and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au