Project Management Assistant | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Sep-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Designing and shaping the future facilities capability requirements in support of F-35
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as an F-35 Facilities Program Project Management Assistant within our Aircraft, Training and Sustainment based in Williamtown, NSW
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the Project Management Assistant, for the F-35 Facilities Program, you will support the capture of capability, design and construction of facilities to provide MRO&U support to the F-35 Fleet. Your voice will be heard, with responsibility, accountability & rewarded in managing these future facility capabilities to ultimately support the largest and most advanced military aircraft in the world.
As the Project Management Assistant – F35 you will:
- Supporting the F-35 Facilities Programme Manager with planning and delivery of straight forward to complex projects
- Co-ordinate project detailed planning actives in accordance with BAE Systems Australia's Project Controls framework.
- Work to established key success indicators and recommend trade-offs between scope, quality, time and cost
- Undertake Risk Control meetings and activities. Analyse potential risks to determine their effect on the project using risk management controls and techniques
- Delivery of progress reporting in accordance with project control guidelines and disciplines.
- Partner with our customers: COA & RAAF to ensure we are meeting our obligations and ensure this is achieved by working with Engineers, Consultants and shared service departments
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will:
- Have experience in a project management, control or project delivery
- Be self-motivated, proactive, dynamic in nature happy to face challenges and competing priorities
- Jump at the opportunity to solve problems and use your communication skills to form relationships and get results
- A formal qualification in Project Management will be highly regarded.
- An existing Australian Defence Security Clearance or the ability to meet the application requirements.
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
An NV1 Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Monique Marshall, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Monique.Marshall@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au