Senior Commercial Officer | VIC-Melbourne Bourke Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Utilise your commercial acumen to support the Australian world leading pioneering air, land and cyber technologies solutions
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Commercial Officer within our Red Ochre LABS business unit based in either Adelaide, SA or Melbourne, VIC. This role provides the flexibility of a hybrid working arrangement and a 9-day fortnight full-time working option for the right talent.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
Your new role:
Reporting to the Head of Commercial - Red Ochre Labs, you will be responsible for providing commercial support for Red Orchre Labs' programs, and assist the project teams in managing on-going project and new business.
More specifically, you will
- Provide advice and assistance to Project Managers on all commercial issues
- Administer BAE Systems' contracts in accordance with company procedures, including support on contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Prepare and maintain contract documentation including commercial management plans, records and internal reports and review customer communications and preparation of correspondence
- Prepare contract amendments and change proposals and support Customer cost and pricing analysis
- Coordinate and present bids and proposals for management review/approval and exercise judgement and make decisions within your Delegation of Authority
- Coordinate and manage customer deliverables and shipment notifications in support of a production contract
- Negotiate all aspects of minor bids and contract proposals as requested/directed and provide support on major bids
- Set in place export licences, manufacturing licences and Technical Assistance Agreements and review sub licensee confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager approval
- Review confidentiality and other agreements and prepare negotiation strategies and identify commercial risk and liabilities
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated commercial experience preferably in a contract management role or in defence or engineering organisations
- Strong collaborative team player and communicator with an ability to engage and influence effectively with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders and customers
- Well organised, thorough and professional approach, together with a high degree of motivation, initiative and enthusiasm
- Strong commercial acumen coupled with analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to identify potential issues and develop solutions
- Proficient user of MS Office skills especially Word, Excel and Power Point
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in law, project management, commerce or business or studying towards is desirable
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist -Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au