Solution Architect | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Guide and develop the implementation of business technology goals
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as Solution Architect within our Central Business based in Adelaide, SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organization that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
About the Opportunities
As a Solutions Architect, you will report to the Strategy & Architecture Manager, and will be responsible for ensuring appropriate technical solutions are designed and implemented as per customer requirements and BAE Systems standards.
In addition to the above you will:
- Proactively and holistically lead and support Enterprise Architecture activities guiding the development and management of a portfolio of solutions. Solutions include projects, products, systems (applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
- Ensure solution architecture, solution components, selection of technologies, make versus buy assessment, development and integration strategies, and test and acceptance strategies.
- Focus on the central shared services functions with specific knowledge and experience in Procurement and Supply Chain Management digital transformation
- Not mandatory – however an appreciation of broader functional areas (such as HR, Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Project Management) and impacts would be desirable
- Translate Business Strategy into Solutions Architecture bringing business drivers and emerging technology trends together in evolving business operating models.
- Lead Solutions Design and Analysis based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities, value-streams, business requirements and enterprise standards.
- Orchestrate Solutions Delivery to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise and enterprise's future-state architecture vision
- Facilitate and Collaborate to Deliver Business Outcomes
As ideal applicants for these opportunities, you'll have:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in Application Architecture and design
- Knowledge and experience in Digital Transformation initiatives and in particular in the Procurement and Supply Chain Management domains.
- Experience in working closely with the enterprise stakeholders to ensure a robust architectural runway, supporting future business requirements
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills at all levels
- Australian Citizenship, eligible for Defence clearance
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced Defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications must be made on-line and addressed to Wendy Hammond, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Engineering.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here:
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise "@baesystems.com" as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.