Junior / Trainee System Safety Engineers | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Excellent opportunity for growth and career progression
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organization that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
System Safety Engineering is an in-demand engineering specialism that encompasses aspects of many other engineering disciplines. At BAE Systems, it means working with multiple teams to ensure that our products are safe to operate and maintain, and environmentally compliant.
To meet the growing demands of our business, we have opportunities for people who want to develop as system safety engineers. We are looking for applicants via any of the following backgrounds:
- Graduating this year
- Recent graduates with some work experience
- Experienced engineers or technicians with tertiary trade qualifications
- STEM Returners (those with some time out of the workforce)
System Safety Engineering is a fantastic career as you will gain exposure to a wide variety of engineering applications and disciplines, while developing highly demanded safety engineering skills. You may start with your initial discipline (e.g. electrical, mechanical, software) and you'll soon apply generalist engineering knowledge to multi-faceted safety hazards and incidents. You will also gain expertise through consultation with Subject Matter Experts in analysing hazards and engineering solutions to eliminate or mitigate them.
What we can offer:
- Welcoming, diverse group of experienced safety engineers with an established Community of Practice
- Flexible work - applicants who wish to work part time are welcomed and hybrid working models in place for many roles. 9 day fortnight may be available.
- Opportunities Australia wide, with the possibility of international secondments
- Access to extensive, industry respected training
- Group and one on one support and mentoring
What we're looking for:
- Good communicators - able to present arguments clearly and ability to influence others, including those in non-technical roles
- Good organisational skills - able to manage large amounts of data in a way that makes sense to users
- Good judgement - flexibility to balance competing priorities but knows when to stand firm and potentially escalate
- Experience with DOORS, CAMEO or Bowtie XP would be helpful for some of our current roles
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Bradley Schulz and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Bradley.Schulz@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au