Asset Management Lead | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Drive the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Opportunity to lead and manage an asset management team
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a new opportunity as an Asset Management Lead within our Central Business function. This role will ideally be based out of Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney however we can be flexible to accommodate other locations.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- BAE Systems Australia offers a hybrid working arrangement and a 9 day fortnight option which is a great opportunity to support flexible working
Your new role:
Reporting to the Manager IM&T End User Services as Asset Management Lead you will be responsible for the acquisition, storage, distribution, movement and disposal of service assets and ensuring the administration is carried out in accordance with ISO55001 standards.
More specifically you will be accountable for:
- Training, mentoring and educating the team in asset management procedures and best practice.
- Analysing software and hardware reports to track software licensing and hardware allocations and make recommendations to optimise value.
- Leading the monitoring and control of asset stock levels as required; ensuring buffer stocks are adequate to meet demand.
- Centrally managing software license compliance and maintaining appropriate process documentation.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation to maximise project and program delivery efficiencies; eg Commerce, P2, Six Sigma, Lean & e-commerce.
- Leading regular audits to ensure accuracies in IT asset information.
- Maintaining accurate records and registers for all asset management activities and assist in identifying process improvements to ensure efficiencies to the business are achieved wherever possible.
- Working closely with Category Specialists to improve overall suppliers' capability to meet company requirement.
- Setting and reviewing team objectives that are aligned to business goals and will result in maximum customer benefit.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in managing and mentoring a team of asset management professionals.
- Proven track record in managing software licensing compliance
- Significant experience in ISO 55001 standards and processes.
- Significant experience in centrally managing software licensing, hardware allocations and process documentation.
- Prior experience in leading IT asset audits
- Prior experience in supplier competency development and performance management with a view to improve performance.
- Ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/ or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- Can do and flexible attitude with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au