Operation Performance Analyst | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Configuration & Data Management|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Be part of Australia's Largest Defence company
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Operations Performance Analyst based at the Osborne Naval Shipyard.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the Operations Performance Analyst you will be responsible for providing professional technical and analytical support that is accurate, safe, on-time and on-budget to support project and task activities within the Hunter Class Frigate Program.
- Collate and gather performance data in line with the performance measurement framework to enable analysis of performance.
- Work with functional leaders to understand performance influences within their departments and use problem solving and data gathering skills to find answers to performance related questions.
- Work collaboratively within a team environment whilst also having the ability to drive and set individual tasks.
- Provide monthly and weekly internal reports in line with the performance management framework as well as ad hoc charts and reports as required by the Operations & Production management teams.
- Use stakeholder engagement, problems solving and Project Management skills to identify and drive performance improvements within the business.
- Conduct project and business specific impact and return on investment assessments for identified performance opportunities.
- Present potential risks and opportunities to the Prototype PM team, providing mitigation strategies resulting from analysis and interrogation of data.
- Responsible for analysis of the lead indicators for the Operations Quarterly Look Ahead (QLA) process.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- 3+ years ship building experience is desirable but not mandatory
- Sound understanding of modern PM methodologies
- Experience with the creation of data visualisation and data gathering techniques desirable but not mandatory
- Demonstrated experience in a similar project / performance coordination or support role
- Highly autonomous and self-motivated, demonstrating sound judgment, initiative and an ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Collaborates and builds strong relationships.
- Good standard of personal organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to integrate into a team environment.
- Planning and performance responsibility for discrete outcomes within a project.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Ben.Woodrow@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au