SHE Advisor | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced SHE (Safety Health & Environment) Advisor based at our Williamtown, NSW offices. You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
In this newly created role, you will oversee the Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) requirements for the planned extensive construction upgrades across our Williamtown site. This includes coordinating with BAE Systems project staff and contractors and ensuring safe methods of work are executed by all personnel.
This opportunity will see you:
- Participate, collaborate and consult with teams to ensure they are engaged and aligned to SHE strategic priorities, and have the right tools to do their job, confidence and ability to manage safe, health and environmental obligations and risks.
- Establish and facilitate systematic approaches to hazard identification and risk assessments directed towards asset and operational lifecycle.
- Manage site safety, health and environmental event response and reporting procedures concerning significant hazards, injuries, incidents to ensure accurate and timely response and data analysis.
- Participate in compliance assurance activities in line with the SHE Strategy and business improvement plans to verify and validate the integrity of SHE risk controls.
- Lead or participate in formal investigations, specialist inspections and audits working with the SHE Capability and Governance Leads.
As an ideal applicant for this role, you'll have:
- Strong time management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Australian Citizen, eligible to obtain and maintain Defence clearance to a minimum of NV1.
- Previous experience in a similar role in a large and complex organisation.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative, regulatory and compliance frameworks and governance requirements.
- Previous experience in a construction environment is required.
- Ability to apply cognitive and technical skills to access, analyse and evaluate information to think critically, generate and evaluate complex ideas and inform SHE strategy and practice.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist, and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au