Commercial Manager | WA-Henderson
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Apr-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Showcase your extensive strategic commercial and leadership experience and contribute to enhance maritime sustainment capability
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Commercial Manager within our Maritime Sustainment unit based in Henderson, Western Australia. This role provides the flexibility of a hybrid working arrangement and a 9-day fortnight full-time working option for the right talent.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
Reporting to the WAMA Alliance Commercial Manager you will be responsible to provide commercial guidance for our Maritime Sustainment Program and Commercial Ship Repair business, including managing significant commercial issues and leading commercial negotiations. This includes driving the implementation of BAE Systems commercial policies and practices as well as the assurance of adherence to functional governance requirements.
More specifically, you will
- Manage commercial obligations of Maritime Sustainment and Commercial Ship Repair projects and provide guidance/direction to the program on compliance with contract, Australian government and foreign government requirements for the management of intellectual property, confidential information, controlled technology and classified information and data
- Manage and foster engaging relationship with internal / external customers & cross business / functional requirements
- Manage and lead commercial inputs to phase reviews, bid approval reviews and contract status reviews
- Identify and manage commercial risks and liabilities, develop cost-effective means of managing those risks and implement appropriate mitigation measures
- Prepare negotiating strategies and lead negotiating teams on commercial issues
- Prepare and deliver commercial management Plan(s) for the program
- Drive BAE Systems' commercial policies and practices, including the assurance of adherence to functional governance requirements
- Oversee preparation of Australian Industry Capability Plan and reporting
- Ensure compliance with Export Control requirements
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in commercial and/or procurement preferably in defence or engineering organisations
- Organised professional with sound commercial acumen with an ability to influence stakeholders whilst maintaining key relationships
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill with an ability to motivate the team across number of business areas to shape and implement the business requirements
- Strong communicator and negotiator with an ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in law, project management, commerce or business desirable
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Rajshri Rawal (Raj), Talent Acquisition Specialist -Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.