Technical Writer : Maritime Systems | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- 9 day fortnight, flexible work practices with a hybrid working environment and ongoing career development
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a new opportunity as a Technical Writer – Maritime Systems within our Maritime Sustainment business based in Garden Island (Potts Point), Sydney. Flexible work practices will be provided including the opportunity to have a hybrid working environment and the opportunity to work a 9 day fortnight.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Writer – Maritime Systems to make a valuable contribution and partner with our Maritime business on the newest ship platform, the DDG Hobart Class naval ships.
Reporting to the Corrective Maintenance Team Lead, you will be part of an inclusive and supportive team, and will join our business in an exciting time on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Conduct technical writing activities including defect rectification technical writing
- Develop technical documentation and ensure products meet requirements, including safety and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, maintaining a positive culture
- Utilise technical writing tools effectively to undertake documentation development and verification
- Provide advice to the program on the delivery of technical writing tasks
- Seek and share good practice and knowledge to continuously improve technical writing practices
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Mechanical/hull systems technical experience or maritime defence industry experience
- The ability to interpret technical documentation and data, and familiarity of Microsoft Office products
- The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and influence stakeholders to successfully implement technical writing program requirements
Whilst not essential, technical writing experience and an understanding of technical writing principles, will be highly regarded.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/bae-systems
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au