Security Lead | VIC-Richmond
|Category:||Facilities Management & Security|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Security Lead based at our Richmond, Victoria offices. You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a Security Lead you will be responsible for contributing as a senior security team member delivering all aspects of security management and implementation, in accordance with all applicable legislation, policies and procedures under the Defence Security Principles Framework (DSPF), in accordance with Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) and Company policy requirements.
This opportunity will see you:
- Develop enhanced knowledge of all functional activities to actively engage and support the Security Function to maintain the Company security program and obligations.
- Undertake reviews of security plans and information for the business as required.
- Record all activities in the provided network platforms efficiently.
- Work in diverse areas and support the implementation of Company policy, procedures, processes, and programs, with the overall objective of safeguarding people, the environment, information and assets.
- Responsible for monitoring and the management of the enterprise security program within Australia and/ or where the Australian business operates.
- Provide security guidance and assist in resolution of issues and concerns raised related to Company security.
As an ideal applicant for this role, you'll have:
- Australian Citizen, eligibility to obtain and maintain security clearance to a minimum of NV2.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to engage with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Significant experience in a similar Defence or Defence Industry role, including sound knowledge of the Defence Security Principles Framework (DSPF).
- Working knowledge of Cyber Security Policy, protocols and standards.
- Knowledge of writing security practices and procedures.
- Previous Security experience in a Defence or Industry related environment.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist, and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au