Hardware Team Lead | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Interesting challenges and stimulating technical work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Hardware Team Lead within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based at our Head Office in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
For decades JORN - a network of three over the horizon radars - has been the technological Holy Grail for many engineers and is considered one of Australia's greatest defence triumphs. You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible - World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
You will be accountable for the design, development and test of almost twenty distinct hardware products. These are primarily electronic/electrical products within the requisite subsystems, and have varying levels of complexity. You will manage numerous product teams against technical, schedule and cost goals.
Reporting to Surveillance Engineering Manager, you will:
- Manage the planning (cost and schedule), allocation and deployment of team members and workload
- Derive product requirements, define the test requirements and participate in associated design reviews
- Develop hardware candidate solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Work alongside the Production team to ensure the right products are built on time
- Test the products and undertake analysis to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements
- Develop finalised product detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Manage and report against the teams' work programmes including analysis of risk
- Work within the engineering frameworks set out by engineering management, capability developers and domain experts
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Electrical and or Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Significant experience within the hardware engineering discipline
- Experience in being responsible for the development of electronic/electrical equipment designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of hardware solutions, its integration, validation, qualification testing and delivery and support
- Team leadership experience with the ability to coach, develop and inspire a technical team
- Familiarity with control/cost account management and project scheduling
- Ability to negotiate and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ammar Bakos, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au