Electrical Engineer | SA-DSTG
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Oct-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Interesting challenges and stimulating technical work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Electrical Engineer within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based in SA-DSTG.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
JORN has been a part of Australian defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security.
As the Electrical Engineer you will be accountable for the design and development of electronic/electrical systems and/or equipment in accordance with the contractual and company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance.
Reporting to the Power and System's Team Lead you will:
- Development and review of Electrical engineering design documentation
- Progression and management of Electrical engineering projects from inception to incorporation
- Electrical engineering technical projects include (not limited to):
- Low/High voltage system design
- Hazardous areas assessment and design
- Instrumentation and Control design
- EMI testing
- Fire engineering
- Arc Flash assessments
- Earthing system design and testing
- Condition-based monitoring
- Development of Labour and Material Estimates
- Development of strong relationships with site based and ad-hoc project teams
- Complete assigned JORN Sustainment engineering changes in accordance with applicable and project specific design change policies, procedures and Work Instructions
- Report progress on Engineering Change, Survey & Quote and Minor Pre-Approved ad-hoc Services to the Power and Systems Team Lead
- Assist in performing real-time and retrospective fault diagnosis for system outage events
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Electrical and or Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Background in RF or related technologies
- Understanding of Electrical and Electronic concepts
- Understanding of requirements analysis, design, verification and other systems engineering principles
- Experience in developing detailed engineering work packages
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-function team while ensuring specific responsibilities are achieved
- Background in defence practices (desirable)
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ammar Bakos, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au