Electrical Engineer | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Bring your leadership and expertise to key Defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Electrical Engineer
As an Electrical Engineer you will be accountable for the design and development of electrical systems and/or equipment in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance.
This involves the design, development and implementation of electrical systems and/or equipment, including interconnection and integration related to the system and/or equipment, installing and managing the system and/or equipment against technical, schedule and cost goals
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
- Develop electrical system and/or equipment requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and requirements reviews
- Carry out technical analysis and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the design of improvements.
- Develop electrical candidate solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements
- Undertake electrical system and/or equipment system design analysis to identify the optimum design for the defined system and/or equipment architecture
- Undertake the translation of the electrical system and/or equipment design into a manufactural product and incorporate design for manufacture factors
- Liaise with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas of engineering matters.
- Demonstrated experience within the Electrical engineering discipline, preferably in a Defence or Maritime environment
- Experience in developing electronic/electrical equipment designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of electrical/electronic solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- Electrical engineering or technology degree qualified, satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Must be eligible to apply for Australian Defence Security Clearance
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ben.Woodrow@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au