Linux Systems Administrator | SA-Flinders Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Drive the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Join an established team of highly experienced and technical professionals
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Linux Systems Administrator within our Central Functions based in Adelaide (Location is Flexible).
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the Linux Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for assisting in the installation and configuration, operation, maintenance of computing, messaging systems and infrastructure in project and/or support teams. You will also perform Linux administration of Linux systems as well as performing secondary functions such as fault detection, performance monitoring and general systems management
Reporting to the Development and Integration Manager, you will:
- Provide system administration of the Unix/Linux Server Computing platforms and associated data storage sub systems for effective governance and functional requirements
- Deliver and support optimisation of applications operating within Server Computing platforms and associated data storage sub systems effectively and efficiently
- Assist in upgrades and patches of operating systems by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new systems
- Within the allocated service area of responsibility, assist in ensuring that the computing infrastructure platforms and associated data storage sub systems meet the current performance
- Assist in installing new/rebuilding existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and operational requirements
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Information, Communication and Technology Degree (ICT) or Engineering related degree or Red Hat certifications (desirable)
- Industry experience in developing and maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
- Demonstrated experience in analysing, planning and implementing upgrades and patches
- A strong team focus and good interpersonal skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ammar Bakos, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au