Infrastructure Engineer | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jun-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Bring you Shared Infrastructure expertise to Australia's most complex Frigate shipbuilding endeavor
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our Shared Infrastructure team within our Hunter Class Frigate Program based in SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP) will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian Defence supply chain over the life of the program.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will work within the SI team as part of the wider Combat System Integrated Product Team on the HCFP.
SI is a broad ICT system on the HCFP platform that provides:
- a virtualised environment for the hosting of other HCFP sub systems,
- a series of physical consoles to provide access to the systems hosted on SI
- several IP networks, and
- a set of common services for use by the hosted systems.
Reporting to the SI Engineering Manager you will:
- Support the engineering team to define, agree and document the technical solution required
- Produce and review technical documentation e.g. Technical Equipment Specifications
- Liaise with SI stakeholders to manage the SI requirements specification
- Manage SI transverse requirements and compliance, liaising with delivery teams as necessary
- Support the delivery of the hardware, software and transversal services forming part of the HCFP CS SI System
- Progress the development of SI interface documentation as appropriate across the range of sub systems hosted on SI
- Assess product changes to identify the potential impact to the SI system, ships networks and the effort required to address the impacts
- Liaise with supplier and delivery teams to capture and track part maturity information
Initially this role will be focused on systems design and will evolve to include physical integration support as the project matures through design and into production.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree level qualifications in an Engineering discipline and engineering experience enabling eligibility for admission to the Institution of Engineers Australia, as a Chartered Professional
- Sound general background in IT and Systems Engineering, with experience of both software and hardware
- Knowledge of appropriate engineering development methodologies and strategies
- Exposure or an awareness of configuration management, System Architect & requirement management tools
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies e.g. VMWare
- Knowledge of computing hardware architecture e.g. Dell servers, SANs
- Hands on experience with similar IT infrastructures, possibly in different industries e.g. Datacentres
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people at all levels (verbal and written skills)
- Willingness to travel internationally (UK) for potentially significant periods of time for SI familiarization prior to delivery to Australia
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Gabrielle Popovic, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au