Supportability Engineering Analysts : Several Positions | VIC-Melbourne Bourke Street
|Category:||Integrated Logistic Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Several opportunities available to use your technical expertise to contribute to the delivery of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates
- 9 day fortnight, flexible work practices with a hybrid working environment, and ongoing career development
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have several new opportunities as Supportability Engineering Analysts within our Maritime Australia business based in either our Melbourne CBD or Osborne, Adelaide locations. Other interstate locations will also be considered. You will also have the flexibility to have a hybrid work environment, with flexibility to work from home on occasions, and have a rostered day off work through a 9 day fortnight arrangement.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing impressive careers
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to design and deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
Several opportunities have arisen for Supportability Engineering Analysts to derive and analyse logistics support data and trends on equipment and systems on the Hunter Class Frigates (HCF).
Applications are now sought from committed individuals with various technical backgrounds to provide recommendations and ensure the effective operation and sustainment of the equipment and systems fitted to the HCF's including combat, platform, communication, electrical and other systems. You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team, performing interesting work and will be employed on a permanent full time basis.
After suitable training and working with our team members, these opportunities will see you:
- Conduct investigations/studies and analyse source data collected for fitted equipment/systems to determine the operating, maintenance, engineering, training and support requirements for its life cycle
- Ensure logistics supportability engineering analysis best practice, sound advice and analysis is provided
- Develop and maintain physical system/equipment logistic structures using the Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR) system
- Perform Failure Modes Effect Analysis and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) analysis, Task analysis and Level of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- Provide input to the development of the logistics supportability engineering analysis reports through the provision of data and assumptions extracted
- Provide conclusions and proposed recommendations to optimise equipment/system supportability and life cycle costs
Foundational skill sets:
As an applicant for these opportunities, the foundational skills we would like to see you have is:
- Trade experience in the operation or maintenance of technical systems/equipment where you can draw on your trade experience in an office based environment
- Sound computer skills, the ability to analyse technical data and provide sound recommendations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective relationships
- Critical thinking skills, be proactive and driven to improve current processes
As an applicant for these opportunities, the desirable skills we would like to see you have is:
- Support engineering analysis experience, or Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) experience, or experience in an engineering/production/technical science environment.
BAE Systems Maritime Australia is a proud supporter of former Australian Defence Force personnel and we welcome applications from former Army, Navy or Air Force that meet the foundational skill sets and we will provide training to in order for you to perform the role.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/bae-systems
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au