Instructor : Aircraft Life Support (ALS) Fitter | NSW-Wagga Wagga
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development, attractive remuneration and great team culture
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique opportunity as a Instructor – Aircraft Life Support (ALS) Fitter within our Aviation Technical Training (ATT) project based in Wagga, New South Wales – a city that offers affordable housing, a vibrant lifestyle and a thriving community.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing impressive careers Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The BAE Systems Aviation Technical Training (ATT) project delivers all aviation trade training and technical manager training to the Australian Defence Force. This role is the perfect opportunity to become a part of the future of Australian Defence aviation training, and help shape the Defence aviation technical workforce of the future.
Applications are now sought from qualified Aircraft Life Support Fitters, to join a united, genuine, and engaging team. This opportunity will utilise your expertise, take your career to another level, and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Undertake facilitation, delivery, and development of training in Initial Employment Training and Post Initial Employment Training
- Your instructor areas of focus would best include Aircraft Life Support(ALS) and core Aeroskills
- Undertake supervision within a simulated working environment
- Maintain and service ALS equipment
- Provide specialisation skills and advice to support Aviation Technical Training
- Develop and maintain relationships with the customer, government and industry partners
- Maintain accurate electronic and hard copy records of training documentation
- Guide and mentor Defence trainees in best practice within the aviation environment
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A current Certificate III Aeroskills in Aircraft Life Support
- Demonstrated industry experience as a qualified Aviation Maintenance Engineer, preferably with extensive experience within the Defence Aviation Safety Environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
Whilst not essential, a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or technical training instructor experience, will be highly regarded.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/bae-systems
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au