Electronics Engineer | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||19-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Full life cycle Engineering in Defence Development & Sustainment
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business.
We currently have a new opportunity as an Electronics Engineer within our Nulka programbased in Richmond, Victoria.
The Electronics Engineer is responsible for the development of electronic systems and/or equipment in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements to achieve required business performance.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the Electronics Engineer you will:
- Derive Electronic system and/or equipment requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and requirements reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate electronic system and/or equipment solutions
- Develop candidate solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products including interpretation of analysis results
- Utilise test tools effectively to undertake test, integration and verification including diagnosing problems, analysing results and contributing to verification plans and reports
- Support Electronic systems and/or equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements.
- Identification and analysis of the electronic system and/or equipment failures and associated trends.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering
- Satisfy the requirements for Membership to Engineers Australia and will work towards becoming a Chartered Professional whilst in the role
- Demonstrated experience in developing Electronic designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, their integration, verification and qualification testing
- Experience in the following technologies, design analysis techniques and developmental tools such as Embedded Software, Power Supply design, Analogue/Digital/FPGA design (Labview experience highly desirable), Electronic CAD tools (Altium preferred), Simulation and Modelling tools, Change and Configuration control etc.
- Experience in product lifecycle management from Concept to Disposal
- Eligibility for an Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) clearance required
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond, Talent Acquisition Team and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au