Junior Mechanical Engineer | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Opportunity to work on a complex project of National significance
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Junior Mechanical Engineer within our Maritime Australiabased in Osborne, Adelaide, SA.
Do you want to work in the most advanced shipyard in the world building the most complex Anti-Submarine Warfare Frigate?
If so we have several opportunities for Engineers & Project Engineers within the Manufacturing Engineering team for BAE Systems Maritime Australia.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
Your new role:
As Junior Mechanical Engineer you will:
- Support and improve the overall HCFP Build Strategy plan
- Support the development of a Design for Manufacture (DfM) System by developing process instructions, capability workstation data sheets, manufacturing instructions, and test instructions to enable the execution of scope and increase production efficiency
- Develop installation plans for major key platform and combat equipment and systems
- Identify, propose, and review process and product changes to improve the production efficiency and the overall build strategy.
- Support assessment of issues impacting production and identifying and delivering clear, concise, and complete solutions.
- Support analysing and optimising the digital data and robotic and automation processes.
- Work with a team based in Adelaide, Melbourne, Henderson and in our sister ship in Glasgow UK.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Engineering Degree Mechanical/Mechatronics
- Experience working in construction, manufacturing, equipment installation or systems integration whether on the tools or in an engineering capacity.
- Previous shipbuilding / sustainment / manufacturing experience will be highly regarded but is not essential.
- Good software programming / data analytics skills, experience working with automated equipment & robotics will be highly regarded
- Good communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with engineers and production personnel within the project.
- Good problem solving skills, working across a range of people to solve problems.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond, Talent Acquisition Team and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au