Systems Administrator | VIC-Melbourne Central Office
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||19-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Demonstrate your UNIX experience across a large enterprise
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Systems Administrator within our Information Management and Technology team based in Melbourne.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the Systems Administrators' you will be responsible for assisting in the installation and configuration, operation, and maintenance of computing, messaging systems and infrastructure in project and/or support teams.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Within the allocated service area of responsibility, assist in ensuring that the Computing infrastructure platforms and associated data storage sub systems meet the current performance, reliability, & security requirements of the project or business. These services may include general Linux Server Management, some Windows Server Management, Active Directory, VMWare, Backups and File systems
- Deliver and support optimisation of applications operating within Server Computing platforms and associated data storage sub systems effectively and efficiently
- Provide system administration of the Windows Server Computing platforms and associated data storage sub systems for effective governance and functional requirements
- Assist with the planning and design, in both the team and as an individual, to ensure the Computing platform infrastructure is fully documented and supportable
- Assist in installing new/rebuilding existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and operational requirements
- Assist in upgrades and patches of operating systems by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new systems
- Assist with the migration of systems and data across data centres
- Undertake Incident and Service Request resolution for the services within the portfolio in line with service level expectations
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
- Undertake some physical onsite configuration work, including minor cabling and racking of equipment at ground height
- Some after hours and weekend work will be required, including being on call
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Unix (Redhat, Oracle Linux) and Windows server management
- Working knowledge of Satellite, VMware/vSphere, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
- Fileshares/systems, Certificate Management
- Experience in commissioning VMs for applications and migration of applications/VMs
- Scripting and/or PowerShell required.
- Business as usual and/or operational support experience
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to troubleshoot with application administrators.
- Working knowledge of network technologies, including firewalls, VMware NSX would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge across multiple technologies e.g. Windows, Linux, networking, hardware stacks and converged infrastructure (Dell VxRail), Oracle Exadata, OVM & ODA systems would be advantageous.
- Security Clearance Australian Citizenship, eligible for Defence clearance
‘To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au'
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits