Hardware Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Opportunity to work on the state of the art Jindalee Over the Horizon Radar Network
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. Joining this project as Hardware Engineer you will experience challenging opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions program based in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The JORN Phase 6 development program is leveraging new and advanced technology to significantly upgrade and enhance Australia's world leading Over-The-Horizon Radar capability. This represents one of the few major Defence projects that is fully designed, developed and delivered within Australia, by Australians.
You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible – World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
As Hardware Engineer on the JORN project, you will be responsible for the design and development of electronic systems and/or equipment in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements to achieve required business performance.
Reporting to the Hardware Team Lead you will:
- Undertake electronic system and/or equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
- Develop simple electronic system and/or equipment architectural designs to meet an established set of requirements, including participating in architectural design reviews
- Perform functional analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate electronic system and/or equipment solutions
- Develop optimised electronic system/equipment detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Undertake electronic system and/or equipment detailed design analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate solutions
- Translate electronic system/equipment design into a manufactural solution and incorporate changes as required
- Execute engineering management of the electronic system and/or equipment manufacture from the hardware implementation
- Implement integration and validation of the electronic system and/or equipment design including contributing to integration and validation plans and reports
- Support electronic systems and/or equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Support assembly, integration, test and shipping of the electronic system and/or equipment including its configuration management.
- Identification and analysis of the electronic system and/or equipment failures and associated trends
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Working experience within electronics engineering discipline
- Electronics Engineering or technology degree qualified or equivalent experience and satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Working towards meeting the requirements for Chartered Engineer status
- Experience in design analysis techniques and development tools
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Hector Rodriguez, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au