Hardware Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Mar-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Opportunity to work on the state of the art Jindalee Over the Horizon Radar Network
- Enjoy flexibility, great benefits and engaging work and a culture
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business.
Joining this project as Hardware Engineer you will experience challenging opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions program based in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The JORN Phase 6 development program is leveraging new and advanced technology to significantly upgrade and enhance Australia's world leading Over-The-Horizon Radar capability.
You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible – World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
As Hardware Engineer on the JORN project, you will be responsible for the design and development of electronic systems and/or equipment in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements to achieve required business performance.
Reporting to the Hardware Team Lead you will:
- Undertake electronic system and/or equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
- Develop simple electronic system and/or equipment architectural designs to meet an established set of requirements, including participating in architectural design reviews
- Perform functional analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate electronic system and/or equipment solutions
- Develop optimised electronic system/equipment detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Undertake electronic system and/or equipment detailed design analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate solutions
- Translate electronic system/equipment design into a manufactural solution and incorporate changes as required
- Execute engineering management of the electronic system and/or equipment manufacture from the hardware implementation
- Implement integration and validation of the electronic system and/or equipment design including contributing to integration and validation plans and reports
- Support electronic systems and/or equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Support assembly, integration, test and shipping of the electronic system and/or equipment including its configuration management.
- Identification and analysis of the electronic system and/or equipment failures and associated trends
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Working experience within electronics engineering discipline
- Electronics Engineering or technology degree qualified or equivalent experience and satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Working towards meeting the requirements for Chartered Engineer status
- Experience in design analysis techniques and development tools
- Must hold and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every