Application Support Analyst | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Application Support Analyst based at our Edinburgh Parks or CBD Adelaide offices.
You will also have the flexible opportunity to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
In this newly created role, as the Application Support Analyst within the IM&T Department, you will be responsible for the support and maintenance of the System Engineering suite of software we provide to our Engineering community.
This opportunity will see you:
- Provide support for the Systems Engineering suite of software. This includes responding to service requests, resolving incidents, and deploying software packages to workstations.
- Work with other team members in order to plan, develop, and execute system upgrades.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of team processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Assist in adapting and configuring commercial off the shelf software packages.
- Participate in the monitoring of system performance, SLAs and service continuity.
- Help our Systems Engineering community to make best use of the software suite we provide.
As an ideal applicant for this role, you'll have:
- An inquisitive nature, with the need to understand why and how things work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to demonstrate research and analysis skills and problem solving.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Java, and Java Application Servers.
- Experience with scripting languages, Git, and automation toolsets such as Ansible.
- IT or Engineering related degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Australian Citizen with eligibility to obtain and maintain defence security clearance to a minimum of NV2.
- Eligibility to be cleared for Export Control (EC) regulations.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist, and made online here.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au