Maintenance Safety Support Co-ordinator | WA-LIF Pearce
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Excellent opportunity for growth and career progression
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Safety Support Co-ordinator within the Aircraft Sustainment project. This role is based in Pearce, W.A.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organization that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The Maintenance Safety Support Co-ordinator is responsible for aircraft maintenance support functions in accordance with current contracts, BAE Systems quality procedures and site instructions and ensures that all aspects of operations in their control adhere to airworthiness regulations, as prescribed in the DASR part 145 Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE)
In particular, this role will see you:
- Perform duties to ensure that outputs from Quality Management System; CAMM2, Training, and GSE activities of BAE Systems Hawk Mk.127 Maintenance are completed in accordance with the regulations and guidance detailed in the DASR part 145 and the relevant MOE.
- Advising the Quality/Safety Manager and Responsible Manager on maintenance aviation safety related matters.
- Managing and reviewing all Site Aviation Safety Occurrence Reports (ASORs) / Operational Hazard (OPHAZ) reports and ensuring the investigation and report is of the required standard and completed within the required timeframes;
- using the Defence Aviation Hazard Reporting and Tracking System (DAHRTS) and other tools to conduct trend analysis of aviation occurrences to guide safety management activities;
- assisting the unit with the implementation of safety recommendations and actions arising from OPHAZ/ASOR investigations and trend analysis
- investigation of selected unit maintenance aviation safety occurrences
- providing advice and guidance to other BAES colleagues in the conduct of investigations of unit aviation safety occurrences
- Assisting in tracking recommendations involving unit maintenance and reporting completion of actions, where appropriate, through DAHRTS, JIRA, Technical Reports, etc
- Consulting with Authorised Engineering Organisation (AEO) staff on the technical content of all OPHAZ, ASORs, JIRA (PSRs)
- Act as Safety Liaison Officer (DASM) liaising with Unit/Base Aviation Safety representatives, as appropriate
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have;
- Aeronautical engineering/trade qualifications with extensive post trade experience preferably on military aircraft.
- Fixed Wing/Fast Jet experience (highly desirable
- Knowledge of ADF Aircraft Maintenance regulations and procedures
- Track record of managing aircraft servicing with success
- Knowledge of H&S and Quality Systems and their application in the aerospace industry
- Experience in using the Computer Aided Maintenance Management (CAMM) 2 system
- Must have previous experience in an Aircraft Maintenance Environment
- Experience in an aviation maintenance, supervision and/or leadership role within a customer focused, support environment
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Bradley Schulz and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Bradley.Schulz@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au