Service Desk Administrator | VIC-Melbourne Central Office
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Bring your administration skills in Information and Communications Technology
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Service Desk Administrator within our Battlespace Integrated Systems based in VIC-Melbourne Central Office
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
For decades JORN - a network of three over the horizon radars - has been the technological Holy Grail for many engineers and is considered one of Australia's greatest defence triumphs. You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible - World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
As part of the Service Desk team and under the direction of the Service Desk Lead, as the Service Desk Administrator you will work collaboratively to ensure KPI metrics are met and exceeded. The Service Desk Administrator will add to a positive culture of triaging and supporting various client requests and (where required) will escalate requests for support to the relevant ICT teams for further support. The Service Desk Administrator will ensure continuous improvement into the environment by creating and updating procedures and processes to ensure a relevant and up-to-date support system is maintained
Reporting to the Service Desk Lead you will responsible for:
- Respond and action Service Requests via various methods such as telephone calls, walk-ins, email and the Service Desk Plus (SDP) tool
- Create and maintain high-value and relevant work instructions, processes and procedures for fellow team members
- Triage initial requests and raise for additional support to other teams as required
- Perform PC support such as desktop deployments, rebuilds, repair and trouble-shooting
- Update and maintain various ICT assets in an asset management database, including spot-checks and audits
- Provide various first and second level support for users and stakeholders
- Raise hardware warranty requests with vendors
- Dispose and sanitise ICT Hardware
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in relevant ICT environment
- Experience in the administration of one or more key business applications: DOORS, Atlassian suite, Maximo and Windchill
- Knowledge Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with Linux (Red Hat) and Agile/Scrum methodology (desired)
- Experience in change management and configuration control
- Knowledge of cyber security and Information Systems Security Policies and Procedures including the Defence Security Principles Framework
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- High ability and understanding of customer service
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ammar Bakos, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au