Senior Quality Engineer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Apply your quality skills in this diverse role in a prime location
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have two exciting opportunities for a Senior Quality Engineer within our Maritime Sustainment businessbased in Garden Island.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills, and
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values.
Your new role
BAE Systems Australia has been selected to partner with the Commonwealth of Australia to deliver a sovereign sustainment capability to the Royal Australian Navy's Hobart Class Destroyer (DDG) fleet based in Sydney. Over the next 6 years, the Company will manage the fleet, ensuring they are ready to fight and win at sea, with the latest capability.
Working as a Senior Quality Engineer within this project, you will be accountable for delivering a broad range of planned quality activities designed to provide assurance to management that quality practices are being effectively deployed across the business area.
More specifically, this role will see you:
- Ensure Quality standards are maintained to the satisfaction of internal and external customers,
- Deliver independent review and reporting on the efficiency and effectiveness of quality practices within internal and customer Quality environments,
- Provide guidance, advice and support on all quality related matters, including acting as a subject matter expert as appropriate/required,
- Lead the identification and implementation of quality improvement activities agreed with the business area,
- Coordinate stakeholders to ensure quality has an effective input to total performance,
- Provide support to Enterprise personnel requiring Subject Matter Expert level support in Quality Management Systems, and also personnel developing their capability in quality practices,
- Conduct Gap Analyses of the project's documentation to determine any shortfalls in compliance to corporate process, applicable standards and contractual, regulatory and legislative documentation requirements,
- Conduct document reviews on a range of busness plans and instructions, as a peer review stakeholder,
- Manage and schedule appropriate training programs to ensure that quality competencies are maintained,
- Schedule and Conduct Audits to ensure ongoing compliance with policies and procedures, using a planned approach, subsequently involving analysis of the results, developing graphs, compiling the report, providing feedback to our personnel and customer, establishing improvement plans, implementing and monitoring progress against the plans, and
- Facilitate the conduct of second party and third party customer audits for BAE Systems and customer.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A current Australian Defence Security Clearance would be highly desirable,
- Demonstrated experience in a Quality Engineering or Governance role,
- Sound understanding of Quality Standards ISO9001, configuration management, and verification and validation,
- Systems quality assurance experience thorough the product lifecycle,
- Competency with planning, implementing, mentoring and training in Continual Improvement initiatives such as process mapping, process enhancement, gap analysis, promoting ownership, improvement teams, development of metrics, application of metrics, self-assessment models and conducting reviews,
- Strong stakeholder and expectation management skills and the ability to work autonomously.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ayesha.email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au