Senior Commercial Officer | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Showcase your commercial contract management experience and progress your career supporting our high profile program
- Enjoy a 9 day fortnight, engaging work and a culture that inspires people to do their best
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Commercial Officer within our Aircraft, Training and Sustainment line of business. Ideally the role is located either in Newcastle, NSW or Canberra, ACT, however location can be flexible for the right talent and also offers hybrid working and 9 days a fortnight full time working option.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Reporting to F-35 Commercial Lead, you will be accountable for providing commercial support to the F35 project and assisting project teams in effectively managing on-going projects and new business and provide advice and assist Project Managers on all commercial related issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Administer BAE Systems' contracts in accordance with company procedures, including support on contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Prepare and maintain contract documentation including commercial management plans, records and internal reports and review customer communications and preparation of correspondence
- Prepare contract amendments, change proposals and support customer cost and pricing analysis
- Coordinate and present bids and proposals for management review/approval and exercise judgement and make decisions within your Delegation of Authority
- Manage customer deliverables, shipment notifications in support of a production contract and negotiate all aspects of minor bids and contract proposals as requested/directed
- Set in place export licences, manufacturing licences and Technical Assistance Agreements and review sub licensee confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager approval
- Provide support on major bid and review confidentiality and other agreements and prepare negotiation strategies and identify commercial risk and liabilities
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated commercial experience preferably in a contract management role or in defence or engineering organisations
- Well organised, thorough and professional approach, together with a high degree of motivation, initiative and enthusiasm
- Strong commercial acumen coupled with analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to identify potential issues and develop solutions
- Good communication skills both written and verbal with proven capability in contract negotiation and exposure working in customer facing roles
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in law, commerce, project management or business or studying towards is preferred
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to Rajshri Rawal (Raj) and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au